Somalia’s Cabinet of Ministers, which met today in Mogadishu, issued articles and decisions related to the country’s security situation and the ongoing war against the Al-Shabab group.
The meeting chaired by the Prime Minister of Somalia, Hamza Abdi Barre, resulted in the following decisions:
1. The council has proposed to strengthen the political role of national security that the national security council has special meetings to direct the operations to free the country from terrorism.
2. He decided to establish a committee for the organization and coordination of the fight against terrorism, consisting of the Prime Minister of JFS, the Deputy Prime Minister, the Minister of Defence, the Minister of Security, the Minister of Endowment and Religious Affairs, The Minister of Interior, the Minister of Finance, the Minister of Health, the Minister of Youth, the Minister of Communications, the Commanders of the Armed Forces and anyone else that the Prime Minister deems indispensable in this task.
3. He decided that the program to combat violent extremist ideology should be changed to the National Agency for Combating Violent Extremist Ideology.
4. He decided to hold a national conference to discuss the spread, encouragement, and nationalization of the public uprising against terrorism, which will be arbitrated by the Ministry of Interior, Federal and Reconciliation.
5. He decided to implement and implement the law to prevent money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), and to target and destroy the networks of terrorist organizations responsible for financing; At the same time, a list of restrictions & sanctions will be drawn up and enforced.
6. He decided to approve the SUCCESSFUL STRATEGY FOR THE ENDING OF TERRORISM, to unite the forces of the Somali people at home and abroad, the Federal Government, the Regional Governments, and the friends of Somalia.
7. He decided that the ministries listed below should quickly fulfill their duties in the war to liberate the country.
1. Ministry of Interior:
2. Ministry of Defence:
3. Ministry of Homeland Security:
4. Ministry of Endowments & Religious Affairs:
5. Ministry of Health:
6. Ministry of Power and Water:
7. Ministry of Women and Human Rights:
8. Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
9. Ministry of Finance:
10. Ministry of Information:
11. Ministry of Posts & Communications:
12. Ministry of Youth & Sports:
13. Ministry of Transport & Aviation: